Come hear WT’s greatest student poets share their work live and in the spotlight at Esquire Jazz Club on Polk St. in Downtown Amarillo! This will be an amazing event, and an incredibly fun time, sharing our language arts with the community. Mr. Swindell has graciously offered the space and time—let’s feel that jazzy vibe that is the NEW Downtown Amarillo with a great poetry reading! Plus, there is no cover charge!
21+ only: must present ID.
The Peddler Show rolls into town March 22nd-24th featuring a brand new show custom built just for Amarillo! Be inspired as you shop from an exclusive selection of talented designers, artisans, creators and craftsmen from all over the country. Find unique merchandise for your home, health, wardrobe, and family all at the Amarillo Civic Center! Come experience THE Perfect Street of Shops created just for Amarillo!
Save 30% and get your ADVANCE TICKET online!
Make plans to attend the 2019 Amarillo Teen Career & Job Fair
The Teen Career & Job Fair will provide you the opportunity to meet local professionals and discuss a variety of career options. These interactions will benefit the you as you begin to make plans that affect career related coursework in high school and beyond. Whether you’re looking for internships, career information, summer, full, and part-time employment, this is the place to be.
The Amarillo Teen Career & Job Fair is open to everyone ages 15-24
• Location: Westgate Mall’s Center Court, 7701 I-40, Amarillo, TX 79121
• Date: Friday, March 22nd, 2019
• Time: 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
What is a Job Fair?
When planning for your future, this type of event is a great place for you to:
• Find full, part time, & seasonal jobs
• Explore numerous career opportunities
• Learn the educational steps needed to enter different occupations
• Find information on local internships
• Make personal contacts that can lead to a job
• Gather information from potential employers
• Find out what an employer values in its employees
• Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively
How to prepare for the event:
#1: DRESS APPROPRIATELY, SMILE, AND MAKE A POSITIVE IMPRESSION!
GREET AND TALK WITH EMPLOYERS:
• Determine which opportunities best fit your interests and background. Target those companies with opportunities about which you would like to learn more.
• Company booths will be staffed by recruiters who are familiar with hiring needs of the company.
• Offer a firm, confident handshake while making good eye contact with the recruiter.
• You may have only 1-3 minutes to speak with a recruiter, so be sure to practice your 60-second commercial and be ready to ask and answer questions appropriately.
• Recruiters do not conduct formal interviews during events; instead, they share information about their company and opportunities informally.
• Ask the recruiter if they will post positions and conduct interviews through Career & Life Planning
• Offer to leave a copy of your resume with the recruiter; make sure you get their business card.
• Know when to move on, taking your cue from the recruiter. Avoid monopolizing the employer’s time.
FOLLOW UP APPROPRIATELY:
• Email or hand-write a thank you letter to the recruiter if you are interested in pursuing an internship or full-time opportunity with their company.
• Use the recruiter’s business card to route your thank-you note appropriately.
More information at http://www.amarillojobfair.org/
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech impaired customers may contact: Relay Texas: 800-735-2989 (TDD) and 711 (Voice)
Created on a 16 x 20 canvas. Grab some refreshments and join us for a fun evening of painting. Must be 21 and over to consume alcoholic beverages, 16 or older to attend. We suggest you come 15-30 minutes early to find a spot and get settled!
We are located right next to Jason’s Deli, inside of Bastillions Bijoux Boutique (in the back). You can shop before classes, and see our calendar in the front window. Be sure to come and see us in our new place! Paint instructions begin promptly at 6:00 PM.
We do not check Facebook reservations. Please sign up by buying tickets on our website or in store. Call the studio for any questions at 806.654.6173.
We are excited to announce Joe Nichols as the 2019 Best of Texas Headliner on March 22, 2019 from 8:00 pm-11:30 pm at the Rex Baxter Building!
Joe Nichols has produced over 14 top 40 singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs. Some of his number one singles include “Brokenheartsville,” “Tequila Makes her Clothes Fall Off,” “Gimmie That Girl,” “Sunny and 75,” and “Yeah.”
Don’t miss out on this private concert! Strap on your boots and meet us at the Rex Baxter Building for live music, food trucks, cash bar, games and a silent auction.
Want the full package? Dinner and happy hour are available to guests who purchase a table. Dinner will start at 6 pm. For more information and perks visit our website. Don’t delay in getting your tickets or table!
To purchase tickets:
To purchase tables: